You know that wonderful feeling when you're making a project that's going perfectly, everything comes together just as it should and the end result looks amazing?
Well, I've been experiencing the complete opposite for the last few weeks. Every project (bar one - which I'll share in a couple of weeks) has been a failure.
In the interests of honesty I thought I'd share them with you.
The first one I actually have no photographic evidence of, so I'll give you a brief description. I had some navy and ivory striped jersey, enough to make a dress. I hummed and haaa-ed about what pattern to use and then for some reason decided to wing it and basically make something up as I went along. I can't remember exactly what I did or even exactly what I was aiming for now, but suffice it to say I now have some scraps of navy and ivory striped jersey and no dress.
Then a few days later I decided I needed a new top. We were going out for dinner with friends, and I wanted something new to wear. I had a metre of pretty cotton lawn in my stash that I'd bought on a whim, and decided it would be perfect for a Style Arc Rosie top.
Here it is:
It doesn't even look that great laying on the floor does it? And trust me it looks even less great on. The fabric is too stiff for the style, and after I'd finished it I somehow remembered I don't even like cotton tops anyway - because of the inherent stiffness.
So now I have some scraps of pretty cotton lawn and a top I'll never wear.
Thirdly, this week I have been making a skirt. It's part of my next Minerva Crafts project, so I can't share it in it's entirety now, but I'll show you some bits of it.
I'm using a pattern I've used before - very successfully. It's the same pattern as this skirt I made last year. It turned out perfectly then. This time everything that could go wrong did go wrong.
Firstly whilst overlocking the edges of the pieces I managed to slice through a bit that shouldn't have been sliced through.
Then I sewed the pocket openings up completely when I sewed the curved darts at the bottom of the pockets. These are the curved darts that aren't symmetrical and I can't get symmetrical however hard I try and are also puckered.
Then I managed to get huge puckers at both top corners of the pockets which I cannot get out.
And a close up of the worst one for good measure:
To top it all, I "finished" the skirt and tried it on - it's too big round the waist. Ugh!
Quite honestly I've had enough of it. And of sewing completely at the moment!
I've got a dress to alter for a friend, I daren't even look at it at the moment as I'm scared some disaster will befall it.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who has runs of failures, and please tell me what I can do about it!