I love the wrap skirt and the little pleats at the waist, not to mention the cap sleeves. I love a cap sleeve, although the pattern calls them 'flanges' - not a very attractive name!
Size-wise I used a bit of a mixture. Kwik Sew patterns are sized XS - XL, and as usual my measurements fell across several sizes. I used the size small for the shoulders and neckline, grading to a medium at the bust and waist and then a large for the hips. I ended up having to take the dress in under the arms when it was almost finished, so I could probably have gone with a small at the bust as well, grading out to a medium at the waist.
Strangely I had to shorten the front bodice a bit. I'd actually been worried that it might pull across the chest, but it was much too long. I think I took a good inch out, grading to nothing at the side seams. This and the underarm alteration were done once the dress was almost complete, as I didn't bother to make a muslin (I'm getting really naughty about not making muslins recently!).
I also lengthened the skirt by about 2 inches - so beware if you're tall that this pattern will come up short. I'm only 5'3" and I found the skirt too short for my liking, mind you I like my knees to be covered.
I'm very pleasantly surprised with how well this dress turned out. Having never used a Kwik Sew pattern before I wasn't sure what to expect, but the instructions were good and everything fit together as it should. I love the combined neck and armhole facing, it makes for a very neat finish inside.
As always, thanks go to Minerva Crafts for providing me with the materials to make this dress.