But first I thought I'd share some of my favourite things with you, in a Friday Fancies post. I did several of these when I first started blogging, but haven't done one for ages.
So, here we go.
Firstly, my new shoes.
Aren't they gorgeous? I spotted them in a half price sale the other day and just had to have them. I've got nothing to wear with them, I suppose I'll just have to make something!
This skirt caught my eye on Pinterest earlier in the week. I've no idea where it's from, but I'm going to have to try and recreate this pleated look I think.
A very pretty illustration. Found on Pinterest with no link, so I can't tell you any more about it than that I love it. I have a whole Pinterest board of Fashion Illustration. One day when I've got some free time in which I'm not sewing or knitting, I'm going to get my pencils out and have a go myself.
And lastly, because it's Friday, chocolate cake. This recipe has been in my family for as long as I can remember, my mum used to make it for all our birthdays. It's so easy and so delicious.
2 ounces cocoa
8 ounces boiling water
4 ounces soft margarine (don't be tempted to use butter!)
7 ounces plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Sift cocoa into bowl.
- Gradually add boiling water and mix until smooth. Leave to cool.
- Beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in eggs.
- Mix flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder together in another bowl.
- Fold flour mixture into creamed margarine and sugar alternately with cocoa mixture.
- Pour into greased tin and cook for 45 minutes at 180 degrees C.
2 ounces margarine
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons sifted cocoa
16 ounces sifted icing sugar
- Heat margarine and milk in saucepan until margarine is melted.
- Remove from heat and add cocoa powder and icing sugar.
- Beat until smooth and glossy.
- Leave to cool and pour over cake.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend. If you make the chocolate cake I'd love to know what you think of it.